How it Works:
- Register online. Note: Parents you can create an account first to easily monitor your children's activity.
- Track your reading minutes online.
- Complete the activities on the challenge card.
- Earn badges and prizes.*
2,000 Minute Reading Challenge
- Every 200 minutes = digital badge
- 2,000 minutes = book and prize from your home library
- Each activity = digital badge
- Each line (horizontal, vertical, diagonal) = digital badge & entry in weekly drawings*
- Each blackout (complete all the activities on the board) = entry in Grand Prize drawings*
Drawings for gift cards will be done each week and winners will be notified by email. These will include vendors such as Amazon, Netflix, Google Play, Apple, Fortnite, Minecraft and local restaurants.
Grand Prize Drawings
Drawings for grand prizes will be conducted at the conclusion of the summer reading program. These will include items such as AirPods, Nintendo Switch Lite, Amazon Echo, Sphero Robots, InstaPots and more.
*Eligibility for Prizes
All participants may earn digital badges by reading and completing activities. However, ONLY those who live in the service areas of the Hurst, Euless and Bedford public libraries or attend HEB ISD are eligible to receive physical prizes and be entered in weekly drawings.